Thank you for your interest in IAEI News, the official magazine of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors.
Directed predominately to electrical inspectors, industry professionals, installers, utilities, manufacturers, testing laboratories, the electrical contracting industry, and many educational institutions, IAEI News seeks to provide practical and useful information in each issue. The magazine is published six times per year and combines short columns with longer feature articles. In addition, IAEI News offers online industry news and blogs upon request.
We welcome contributions to IAEI News. Please read the editorial calendar regarding ideas for future issues.
2019 Editorial Calendar
Theme: Power grids
Copy Deadline: October 8
Theme: Energy storage
Copy Deadline: December 8
Theme: Electrical safety
Copy Deadline: February 8
Theme: Wind power
Copy Deadline: April 8
Copy Deadline: June 8
Theme: Crisis/natural disaster preparation
Copy Deadline: August 8
We invite you to submit articles on any topic related to the electrical industry that are informational, instructional, and do not promote or endorse a product or company. (Advertorials may be purchased for this purpose.) Stories written on the issue theme will receive advanced placement.
Authors should cover either new developments in the electrical industry or in-depth technically-oriented subjects. National Electrical Code updates and articles about Code calculations are often the most read type of articles. Major features should have broad appeal and focus on practical matters; purely theoretical material is not accepted. Submissions should be no greater than 2,500 words in length with no more than 4 to 5 images. Authors are not required to be Association members.
Study these guidelines and take note of important information such as unsolicited manuscripts, style, deadlines, and various copyright notices. The best way to inquire about potential interest in a topic is to send an email (through the button below or directly to firstname.lastname@example.org) with a proposal and full-sentence outline.
The following guidelines must be followed when formatting a document for submission to the IAEI News magazine:
- Electronic submission is required; attachments in Microsoft Word is preferred.
- Do not use automation headers/footers. Turn off track changes and ensure all changes have been accepted/rejected, as appropriate.
- Remove any and all comments, unless they are specifically directed to the editor.
- Select standard printer specs. Avoid special characters or keys. (For example, for indents use the TAB rather than the indent key.)
- Use endnotes at the end of the article, rather than footnotes, to credit sources. Include all relevant source information (e.g., author, publisher, title of book or article, magazine name, date/year of publication, country of publication).
- Include a reference section for any and all general references. Include all relevant source information (e.g., author, publisher, title of book or article, magazine name, date/year of publication, country of publication).
- Include a brief biography (approximately 50 words) indicating current position, background, professional affiliations, and books or articles published. Avoid including educational information.
- We only accept submissions in English. If you would like to use another language, please discuss this with us prior to submission.
- All images (photos, tables, graphs, etc.) must be submitted in high resolution (300 dpi/dots per inch) in tif or eps formats. We will also accept pdf, jpg, or png formats. We will not accept imbedded images in Word documents. Images saved from the internet and computer/phone screenshots will not be printable.
- All images must be shot or created by the author, or he/she must have written permission from the copyright holder to publish.
- Include cutline information for each image including image credits (who shot/created/owns the image).
- A signed writer release form must be submitted annually prior to publication.
Interested in having an ongoing blog on this website? Following the same guidelines above with regard to subject matter, blog posts can be up to 1,000 words (average 700 words). Submit a proposal along with a sample blog post to our editorial staff for review. All blogs and articles must be non-commercial and related to the electrical industry; electrical Code blogs are preferred.
Submissions emailed to IAEI News magazine are acknowledged by the staff within 3 to 5 business days. They are subject to review by two or more members of the IAEI technical review team. IAEI News magazine assumes exclusive rights to all submissions accepted for publication. Authors will be required to sign a writer release form prior to publication.
Published authors receive two copies of the issue. There is no other form of payment for IAEI News magazine authors.
Submissions for publication in IAEI News magazine are edited for grammar and content according to The Chicago Manual of Style and Usage and the Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary (www.webster.com).
Submitting your article
Please email manuscripts as Microsoft Word attachments, and high resolution illustrations/photos as a jpg, tif or gif attachments to email@example.com.