Thank you for your interest in the IAEI News, the official magazine of the International Association of Electrical Inspectors.
Directed predominately to electrical inspectors, industry professionals, installers, utilities, manufacturers, testing laboratories, the electrical contracting industry, and many educational institutions, IAEI News seeks to provide practical and useful information in each issue. The magazine is published six times per years and combines short columns with longer feature articles. In addition, IAEI Magazine offers online industry news and blogs upon request.
We welcome contributions to IAEI News. Please read the editorial calendar regarding ideas for future issues.
2019 Editorial Calendar
Theme: Power grids
Deadlines: Ads Closing Date: October 7; Materials Due: October 17
Copy Due: October 8
Theme: Energy Storage
Deadlines: Ads Closing Date: December 7; Materials Due: December 17
Copy Due: December 8
Breaking news/live conference coverage on website.
Theme: Electrical Safety Month
Deadlines: Ads Closing Date: February 7; Materials Due: February 17
Copy Due: February 8
Theme: Gone with the wind (power)
Deadlines: Ads Closing Date: April 7; Materials Due: April 17
Copy Due: April 8
Theme: The future’s so bright (solar PV)
Deadlines: Ads Closing Date: June 7; Materials Due: June 17
Copy Due: June 8
Theme: Crisis/Natural Disaster Preparation
Deadlines: Ads Closing Date: August 7; Materials Due: August 17
Copy Due: August 8
We invite you to submit articles on any topic related to the electrical industry that are informational, instructional, and that do not promote or endorse a product or company. (Advertorials may be purchased for this purpose.) Stories written on the issue theme will receive advanced placement. Please note that we do not allow any articles that endorse any particular product or organization.
Authors should cover either new developments in the electrical industry or in-depth technically-oriented subjects. National Electrical Code updates and articles about Code calculations are often the most read type of articles. Major features should have broad appeal and focus on practical matters; purely theoretical material is not solicited. Submissions should be no greater than 2,500 words in length. Authors are not required to be Association members.
Study the author’s guidelines and take note of important information such as unsolicited manuscripts, style, deadlines, and various copyright notices. The best way to inquire about potential interest in a topic is to send a letter with a two-page proposal and a full-sentence outline.Download Author’s guidelines
The following guidelines must be followed when formatting a document for submission to the IAEI News magazine:
- Electronic submission is required; Microsoft Word is preferable.
- These documents parameters must be followed:
- Do not use automation headers/footers.
- Turn off track changes and ensure all changes have been accepted/rejected, as appropriate.
- Remove any and all comments, unless they are specifically directed to the editor.
- Select standard printer specs.
- Avoid special characters or keys. (For example, for indents use the TAB rather than the indent key.)
- Use endnotes at the end of the article, rather than footnotes, to credit sources. Include all relevant source information (e.g., author, publisher, title of book or article, magazine name, date/year of publication, country of publication).
- Include a reference section for any and all general references. Include all relevant source information (e.g., author, publisher, title of book or article, magazine name, date/year of publication, country of publication).
- Include a brief biography including current position, background, professional affiliations, and books or articles published. Avoid including educational information.
- Submit material in English, the author’s preferred language or both. Please discuss this with us prior to submission.
Interested in having an ongoing blog on this website? Following the same guidelines above with regard to subject matter, blog posts can be up to 1,000 words (average 700 words). Submit a proposal along with a sample blog post to our editorial staff for review. All blogs and articles must be non-commercial and related to the electrical industry; electrical Code blogs are preferred.
Manuscripts submitted to IAEI News magazine are acknowledged by the staff within 3-5 business days. Manuscripts are subject to review by two or more members of the IAEI technical review team. IAEI News magazine assumes exclusive rights to all submissions accepted for publication. Authors will be required to sign a writer release form prior to publication for each submission that is accepted.
Published authors receive three copies of the issue. There is no other payment for IAEI News magazine authors.
Manuscripts for publication in IAEI News magazine are edited for grammar and content according to The Chicago Manual of Style and Usage and the Merriam Webster’s Collegiate Dictionary (www.webster.com).
Submitting your article
Please email manuscripts as Microsoft Word attachments, and high resolution illustrations/photos as a jpg, tif or gif attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.