Many working in the electrical industry are concerned with and dedicated to safe electrical system design, installation, and use.

Electrical hazards, such as arc-flash hazards, can be extremely damaging to equipment and, more importantly, to people.

An arc flash is a potentially very hazardous event, in which the heat energy alone can cause ignition of clothing and extensive severe burns.

On January 1, 2002, the new law went into effect in Rhode Island, requiring that carbon-monoxide detectors be installed in all new homes with gas utilities and other homes up for sale.