The saying is: “The older one becomes, the more time speeds up.” That appears to be the case as it seems like yesterday that we were preparing for last year’s IAEI Section meetings. Here are the ten reasons you can’t afford to skip these meetings.
- The meetings bring the electrical industry together. All who are involved come to enhance their skills and knowledge through classes, forums, and one-on-one conversations.
- Learn from experts and respected instructors in the industry. Educational programs are conducted by the most respected and expert instructors in the industry.
- Enhance your skills and knowledge. No matter how much you know about the electrical industry, there are still things to learn. The meeting is jam-packed with opportunities for you to do so.
- Network with members, manufacturers, certification agents, leaders, and super stars. These leaders treasure their early days in the industry—learning and becoming inspectors—and, consequently, they share freely how one can avoid the obstacles in the path to success.
- Be kind to your budget; costs are held to a minimum. With our budgets in mind, section officers have shopped well and have achieved the best prices for us—not only to meet and study but also to explore new areas and to find places of respite.
- Increase your proficiency and become an expert in your field. Never disappoint your clients and customers; make sure you are at the top educationally. If you follow the proficiency path, your career will expand.
- Combine travel, vacation, and learning. We all can use breaks in our routine from time-to-time. Grab the kids and head for a new adventure this year. By the way, you do know that you are welcome to attend any of the section meetings, don’t you?
- Make new friends. Be yourself and smile a lot—and don’t forget to “talk Code”!
- Turn yourself into the expert your clients and customers deserve. Nothing enhances your relationship with them more than allowing them to see you as the expert. Most of them don’t know about electricity and they are eager to know that you are well-trained and efficient.
- Get CEUs …. Earn your required continuing education credits.
To learn more about IAEI Section meetings and to register, go to www.iaei.org
I look forward seeing you at one of the meetings and urge you to drop by the IAEI booth and say hello to the IAEI staff.